Thursday 9 June 2011

Pretty Pinks and Purples for a sunny day

So when I woke up bright and early this morning I was both equally shocked and delighted to see that the weather is half decent. So I decided ot make the most of it and do a pretty, summery pink and purple look. This is out of the ordinary for me, even in summer I usually stick to dark eyeshadow looks, I just fel they suit me more. I did cheat a little with my summery look and did a dark plummy purple smokey eye. My lip is a fun two-tone today. A more girlish take on what I like to call my 'Frakenfurter' or 'Drag-Queen' lip. The outsid of my mouth is lined with hot pink liner. The outer corner of my top and bottom lips is filled with a hot pink colour, which fades into a more bubble gum princess, Barbie pink in the centre. Again, quite a bold look for those who like to stand out a little bit. But its easily toned down. I find that plummy, purple shadows suit dark eyes like mine.
My hair is different than usual today too. I opted for a flirty up-do. Inspired by a Meganheartsmakeup Youtube tutorial on a Rihanna look. I pulled my hair back into a medium ponytail, curl the pony and basically piled it up on top of my head. I finished it off with a little lacyscarf tied around. Its a bit refreshing for me, and I like it because you can actually see my Scaffold piercing, which is usually hidden by my long hair.
I hope you like this look, I will list all products I used below :)

A mixture of Catrice Cosmetics Infinate Matte Foundaton and Maybelline 24 hour Superstay
Maybelline 24 hour Superstay concealer
Max Factor Creme Puff Powder
Benefit Hula Bronzer
Nars Orgasm Blush
Urban Decay Primer potion
Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy Rides Again on the lid
Urban Decay Bordello in the crease
Urban Decay Rockstar in the outer corner
Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Ransom smudged into the upper and lower lashline
Loreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense
Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara
A dark brown shadow to fill in my brows
Rimmel London lip pencil in Fuschia
Mac Full Fuschia lipstick in the outer corner
Mac Viva Glam Gaga on the centre




No comments:

Post a Comment