Thursday 23 June 2011

Black Smokey eye!

So today I decided to do things a little differently, I opted for a black smokey eye and a pinky- nude lip. I thought that because this is something I don't do very often that it would be a nice change.
This look is perfect for a night out, it is slightly harsh and dramatic fo day time but te right outfit could completely pull it off. I would reccomend applying your shadow before your foundation as the black shadow can produces quite a lot of fall out, so its much easier to clean up the mess on your skin rather than mess up your foundation.
If I were wearing this look out, I would probably apply false lashes. But since Im home today and the furthest I'll be going is the Londis down the road, I didn't really see the point.
Also, I would like to point out that though I am a massive fan of colourful lips and I usually always incorporate a bold lip into all o my make-up looks, a nude lip may look better than a bright colour with this as you already have so much going on with the eyes. I would only do a bold lip if I were going to a party or another social event like that, and I would stay away from red as you don't want to be mistaken for a 'working girl'. If I were to do a bold lip I would probably go with 'Full Fuschia' which is a bright pink or 'Rebel' a deep purple, by MAC.

I really hope you like this look, please let me know what you think!!

A mixture of Catrice Cosmetics Infinate Matte Foundaton and Maybelline 24 hour Superstay
Maybelline 24 hour Superstay concealer
Max Factor Creme Puff Powder
Benefit Hula Bronzer
MAC 'Love Thing' Blush
Urban Decay Primer potion
MAC Mylar Shadow on the lid
MAC Carbon in the crease
Urban Decay Uzi on the highlight
dark brown shadow to fill in my brows
Loreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense
Loreal Teliscopic mascara
MAC Viva Glam Gaga lipstick
Revlon Lipstick in Pink Pop



2 comments: