Friday 17 June 2011

Fifties Inspired Dramatic Wing

At the moment Im doing a little job for the week, where Im applying dramatic SFX make-up for a theatre production of Dracula. Today is the second last show and a TV company is coming in to film a bit. When I heard that there was a chance of being on the telly, my mind went into overdrive and my first thought was what make-up would be most flattering!! I went formy dramatic red lip, which is usually my go-to look. I paired it today with a very dramatic cat eye, which completely changed my eye shape. I went easy on the shadow, using a pale white shadow with a light brown in the crease and dark brown in the outer corner. I lined my waterline with white liner for the big, doll-eyed effect. I added lashings of mascara and the bold red lip. It was quick and easy and usually I get a lot of compliments. I have rather large lips and I like to playthem up with bright colours. This is such a simple look to re create, the only difficult bit is the dramatic wing, which can take a bit of practice to perfect.
I added a colourful scarf tied in a bow around my head and pinned up the rest of my hair at the back. Its a rainy day today so I couldn't risk looking like a wet dog by the time I get the bus into town, so hair up was the safest option today!
I'll leave the products I sed with some photo's below, I'd love any feedback you guys might have for me <3

A mixture of Catrice Cosmetics Infinate Matte Foundaton and Maybelline 24 hour Superstay
Maybelline 24 hour Superstay concealer
Max Factor Creme Puff Powder
Benefit Hula Bronzer
Nars Orgasm Blush
Urban Decay Primer potion
Rimmel London eyeshadow trio- whie from lid to browbone, light brown in the crease and dark brown in the outer corner.
dark brown shadow to fill in my brows
Loreal Carbon Black Lineur Intense
Loreal Teliscopic mascara
Gosh lip pencil in Simply Red
Rimmel London lipstick in Diva Red
My head scarf is from Penneys (Primark in the UK) If anyone was wondering!!




2 comments: